Chamomile for Skin Healing, Burns, Scrapes, Acne, Eczema, Rashes, Hemorrhoids, Swelling and Pain
Chamomile can be used for skin healing and treating a number of skin conditions, including:
Bedsores (decubitus ulcers);
Dry and flaky skin;
Pain and swelling on the skin.
Chamomile has been used for hundreds of years to treat a number of skin ailments. Chamomile has antibacterial, antifungal, and antiviral properties. A German study found that Chamomile inactivates bacterial toxins. Small quantities of chamomile oil inhibit staphylococcal and streptococcal strains of bacteria. Animal studies have shown that German chamomile reduces inflammation, and speeds wound healing. The active ingredient in chamomile products has anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties and is often used for skin healing.
How to use Chamomile for skin healing
To treat infections and inflammations of the skin, you can use Chamomile Essential Oil, Chamomile Tea or ointments, or creams containing chamomile:
1. Rub a small amount of chamomile essential oil gently across the area once or twice a day.
2. You can also use chamomile tea if you cannot find chamomile essential oil. Add 3 tea bags to one cup of boiling water. When the water cools, dip a clean cloth into it and apply it as a compress on the area.
3. Apply directly ointments, creams and pastes of chamomile to the skin.
4. Use chamomile tea or chamomile essential oil in a bath. Simply mix 2 gallons of water with boiled chamomile tea (5 bags), or add 5 – 10 drops of essential oil to a full tub of water, apply it to wash your skin.
Chamomile is available as dried flower heads, tea, essential oil, capsules, ointment and creams. Chamomile products can be found at many grocery stores and pharmacies.
Please take precautions: Chamomile is considered generally safe, but like other herbs, it may also trigger side effects and can interact with medications. You should take it under the supervision of a health care provider.
- Nettle for Arthritic Joint Pain, Hair Loss & Prostate Enlargement - Natural Remedy DIY Recipes
- Home Remedies: Safflower Oil for Heart Disease, Menstrual Cramps, Joint Pain & Injuries
- Home Remedies Nutmeg for Digestive Disorders, Cough & Skin Care
- How to Use Juniper Oil for Joint Pain, Arthritis, Acne, Eczema, Coughs & Lung Congestion
|More Articles About:||Skin Burns Scrapes Acne Eczema Rashes Hemorrhoids Swelling Pain Chamomile|