Strawberry for Dry Cough, Sore Throat and Heat Stroke
Strawberry can be used to relieve the symptoms of dry cough, sore throat, heat stroke, hoarseness, bleeding gums, mouth ulcers and lung fever.
Strawberry is a sour and sweet fruit. One cup (236 g) of strawberries contains approximately 45 kilo-calories (188 kJ). It is an excellent source of vitamin C and flavonoids. Strawberry is very low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. It is also a good source of folate and potassium, and a very good source of dietary fiber, and manganese. Eight strawberries provide more vitamin C than an orange. Strawberry is among the top 20 fruits that contain the highest amount of antioxidant.
Strawberry Has Cooling Properties
Strawberry has cooling effects and affects lungs and the related organs. Eating strawberries helps reducing heat or fever in lungs and respiratory system. If you suffer from sore throat, mouth ulcers and swollen gums, you can also eat strawberries to relieve the symptoms.
There are lots of things (hot weather, dry heat, allergies, etc.) that can cause excessive heat and fever in lungs and upper body. When there are these symptoms, eating strawberries will cool down the body temperature, relieve thirst and moisturize the organs.
To cool down your body and reduce internal heat, you can eat fresh strawberries or drink strawberry juice.
Or you can use strawberries to make the following remedies:
Two Recipes of Strawberry Remedies
Recipe 1 – Strawberry and white rock sugar for chronic dry cough
– Prepare fresh strawberry 30g and white rock sugar 30g;
– Put the strawberries and white rock sugar in a heat-proof bowl;
– Put the bowl on a rack in the food steamer over a cup or two of water;
– Steam them until they become very tender;
– Remove from the steamer and serve;
– Eat 1/3, three times a day.
Recipe 2 – Strawberry, lemon, pear and honey for lung fever
– Prepare fresh strawberry juice 50g, fresh lemon juice 50g, fresh pear juice 50g and honey 15g;
– Mix them well;
– Drink half, twice a day.
Please note, if you have wet cough or a feeling of coldness in the lungs, you should not eat strawberries.Read Related Articles
- Dhumapana: Herbal Smoking for Cough, Bronchitis & Asthma - Ayurvedic Therapy
- Nutmeg for Digestive Disorders, Cough & Skin Care
- Natural Cough Remedies: Elecampane for Coughs, Asthma, Bronchitis and Shortness of Breath - European Herbal Medicine
- European Elder (Elderberry) for Flu, Cold, Fever, Cough, Sore Throat, Chest Congestion and Sinus Infections
|More Articles About:||Cough Sore Throat Heat Stroke Strawberry|