Earache and ear infection can be treated by using many home and folk remedies.
If you or your child suffer from infections or fluid build-up in the middle ear, you need to see a doctor for immediate treatment to get relief from the pain and loss of hearing. Your doctor may recommend ear tubes.
There are also natural home remedies that are said to help treat earache and ear infection.
Nine Home Remedies for Earache and Ear Infection
Here are the home remedies for earache and ear infection:
1. Warm oil. Put a few drops of warm olive oil (or other regular cooking oil) into the ear.
2. Cigarette smoke. Blow cigarette smoke from one person’s mouth into the ear.
3. Warm water bottle. Put a warm water bottle on the ear and leave for 20 minutes (Do not use too hot water).
4. Warm wine cotton ball. Soak a cotton ball in warm wine, and put it into the ear.
5. Warm rice. Take a sock full of rice and tie it at the end and heat it up in the microwave for and place it on the ear.
6. Warm wet towel. Use water to wet a small towel or wash cloth, heat it up in the microwave, and put it on the ear, let the steam in the ear.
7. Heating pad. Place a heating pad under the infected ear and sleep on it.
8. Garlic. Crush a clove of fresh garlic, wrap it in a toilet tissue and put it in the ear.
9. Onion. Cut an onion in half. Wrap a half of onion in a towel or wash cloth, heat it up in the microwave, and put it on the ear, let the steam in the ear.
The above remedies can be categorized into two groups: warming and antibiotic. As we can see that, a warming therapy or an antibiotic can relieve earache and ear infection.
For more information about natural remedies and alternative cures for earache, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/ear/