Thyme for Bronchitis, Cough, Sore Throat, Cold, Fever and Menstrual Cramps – Arabic and European Remedies
Thyme can be used as a home remedy to treat many ailments, such as bronchitis, cough, sore throat, cold, fever, and menstrual cramps.
Studies have confirmed that, a combination of thyme extract and ivy (or primrose root) is effective in treating acute bronchitis.
Thyme is said to be a great remedy for cough, whooping cough, cold, fever and sore throats.
Thyme is also used to ease menstrual cramps and PMS, relieve stress and calm nerves.
How to make a thyme tea for relieving bronchitis, cough, sore throat, cold, fever, and menstrual cramps:
- Put 1 teaspoon of dried thyme (or 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme) in a cup
- Pour boiling water over the herb
- Cover the cup and leave for 5-10 minutes
- Drink the tea lukewarm
- Two or three times a day
You may also use thyme as a spice (mince fresh thyme, or use dried thyme). Use it with parsley, garlic, ginger, or onion, adding to your dishes, soups or grilled foods.
Please note, thyme is a warming herb, and it helps clear your upper respiratory system of mucus, thus it is good for treating a wet cough, but not recommended to treat a dry cough.
For more information about thyme, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/remedies/thyme/Read Related Articles
- Dhumapana: Herbal Smoking for Cough, Bronchitis & Asthma - Ayurvedic Therapy
- How to Make Raspberry Leaf Tea for Menstrual Cramps & Pregnant Women
- Lungwort Treats Bronchitis & Tuberculosis - European Lung Remedies
- Home Remedies: Safflower Oil for Heart Disease & Menstrual Cramps
|More Articles About:||Bronchitis Cough Sore Throat Cold Fever Menstrual Thyme|