Blue Vervain for Cold, Cough, Fever, Chest Congestion, Depression and Anxiety – Native American Remedies
Blue Vervain (Verbena hastata) is a perennial herb native to North America. Blue Vervain is used by Native Americans as medicine to treat cold, cough, fever, chest congestion, depression, anxiety, and other disorders.
Blue Vervain expels the mucus from the lungs and cools the body through sweating. These effects may explain why blue vervain can be used to help treat respiratory ailments, such as common cold, flu, fever, cough and chest congestion. With the cooling properties, blue vervain calms nervous system, relieves depression and anxiety, also helps insomnia and other nervous conditions.
How to make a blue vervain tea:
- Dried blue vervain 1 teaspoon
- Water 2 cups
- Boil and simmer for 2 minutes
- Take 1/2 cup warm tea, 4 times a day
- This remedy is recommended for cold, fever, cough, chest congestion and insomnia
Today blue vervain is sold in forms of capsule and extract liquid as supplements. You may find a blue vervain herbal supplement in a health food store.
Please note, blue vervain should not be used for pregnant women due to that the herb can stimulate uterine contractions. And over dose may cause vomiting. Consult your doctor before using a remedy.
For more information about natural remedies for fever, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/fever/Read Related Articles
- Lungwort for Bronchitis, Cough, Asthma, Tuberculosis & Chest Infections - European Lung Remedies
- Home Remedies Nutmeg for Digestive Disorders, Cough & Skin Care
- Sleep Remedies: How to Make Kava Tea for Anxiety, Stress, Depression & Insomnia
- How to Use Horseradish for Bronchitis, Sinus Congestion, Asthma, Cold & Flu - Home Remedy Recipes
|More Articles About:||Cold Cough Fever Chest Depression Anxiety Vervain|