Herbal Remedies: Carline Thistle for Herpes, Sores, Rashes, Wounds, Fever and Gastrointestinal Disorders
Carline thistle is said to treat herpes, sores, rashes, wounds, fever and gastrointestinal disorders.
Carline thistle (Carlina) is a perennial plant. It has many medicinal Properties. When used internally, it is carminative, diaphoretic, digestive, diuretic, emetic, febrifuge, and purgative. When used externally, it has antibacterial activity.
Carline thistle induces sweating, it helps relieve fever, catarrh, asthma, bronchitis and cold.
Carline thistle is a diuretic, thus it has effects to help treat some kidney and bladder problems, such as cystitis, dropsy and kidney stones.
When used internally, carline thistle has digestive and purgative properties, and can help regulate gastrointestinal disorders.
Carline thistle root is an ingredient of Swedish Bitters – a traditional European remedy for gastrointestinal disorders and other ailments.
Carline thistle is traditionally used to treat skin disorders and wounds. The tincture or decoction of carline thistle root is used to wash the wounds, sores, rashes, pruritus and atopic dermatitis, etc.
How to use carline thistle
- Dried carline thistle root powder 1-2 teaspoons
- Water 1 cup
- Boil and simmer for 10 minutes
- Drink half, twice a day for internal disorders
- Or use it to wash the affected area for wounds and skin disorders
- Dried carline thistle root powder 100g
- Alcohol (30%-85%) 750ml
- Soak the powder in the alcohol
- Leave for at least 15 days
- Drink 20ml, twice a day
- Or rub it to the affected area of the skin
Please note, you should consult a health care provider before using herbal preparations, especially when taking it for internal disorders.
For more information about natural remedies for bronchial ailments, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/bronchial/Read Related Articles
- Gotu Kola for Urinary Tract Infection, Jaundice, Bleeding, Wounds, Bruises & Skin Boils - Herbal Formulas
- Germander for Weight Loss, Digestion, Gout and Wounds
- Feverfew for Migraine Headache, Fever, Joint Pain and Arthritis - European Herbal Medicine
- How to Make Elder Lotion and Ointment for Skin Care, Freckles, Blemishes, Wounds, Sprains, Bruises, Scalds, Burns and Chilblains - European Remedies
|More Articles About:||Sores Rashes Wounds Fever Gastrointestinal|