Catnip for Insomnia, Headache, Cold, Wet Cough, Bronchitis, Fever, Colic and Digestion
Catnip can be used to relieve insomnia, headache, cold, wet cough, chronic bronchitis, fever, colic and help digestion.
Catnip (Nepeta cataria) a perennial herb in the mint family. It is well known to stimulate a cat. Cats are attracted by catnip. When cats smell catnip they may has behaviors of sniffing, licking and chewing the plant, shaking, rubbing, rolling, etc.
Catnip has a history of medicinal use for a variety of ailments in humans.
Catnip has calming properties. It calms the nervous system, and is a well known sedative effect on humans and has long been used as a sleep aid to help relieve insomnia, stress, anxiety, and nervousness.
Catnip relieves chest congestion and loosens phlegm. It is used to treat cold, wet cough, chronic bronchitis, fever and headache.
Catnip also helps digestion. It can be used as a digestive aid to ease stomach upset, colic and flatulence.
Traditionally, catnip is used to make a tea. Today, you may find capnip liquid or capsules in supplement stores.
How to make a catnip tea
- Dried catnip leaves 1-2 teaspoons
- Water 1 cup
- Put the leaves in a cup
- Pour boiling water over it and cover it
- Leave to steep for 5-10 minutes
- Add sugar or honey to taste
- Drink it, 2-3 cups a day
- This herbal tea helps relieve the above symptoms
For more information about natural remedies for insomnia, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/insomnia/Read Related Articles
- Lungwort for Bronchitis, Cough, Asthma, Tuberculosis & Chest Infections - European Lung Remedies
- Home Remedies Nutmeg for Digestive Disorders, Cough & Skin Care
- Sleep Remedies: How to Make Kava Tea for Anxiety, Stress, Depression & Insomnia
- Arisaema Triphyllum (Jack in the Pulpit) for Bronchitis, Asthma & Rheumatism - Herbal Medicine
|More Articles About:||Insomnia Headache Cold Cough Bronchitis Fever Digestion Catnip|