Dittany of Crete for Digestive Disorders, Menstrual Cramps, Wounds and Skin Care – European Remedies
Dittany of Crete is an old European healing herb for digestive disorders, menstrual cramps, wounds and skin care.
Dittany of Crete (Origanum dictamnus) has aromatic, healing and therapeutic properties. It is traditionally used for food flavouring and medicinal purposes. This tender perennial plant grows wild on the mountainsides and gorges of the Greek island of Crete, Greece.
In Ancient Greece, dittany of crete was used to treat many ailments. People believed that it is useful for stomach aches, the digestive complaints, wounds, and menstrual problems.
Today, the essential oil of dittany of crete is used as a beauty remedy for skin care. People believe that it has anti-aging properties.
How to use dittany of crete
1. Dittany of crete tea for digestive disorders and menstrual cramps
- Use 1 gram of dried dittany of crete to make a tea
- Drink it to help relieve digestive disorders and menstrual cramps
2. Dittany of crete poultice for wounds
- Use fresh or dried dittany of crete to make a poultice
- Apply it the affected area for healing wounds
3. Dittany of crete essential oil for skin care
- Dittany of crete essential oil 3 drops
- Honey 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil 1 teaspoon
- Oatmeal 1 teaspoon
- Mix them well as a paste
- Apply to the face as a mask
- Leave for 20 minutes
- Wash it with water
- Or you can add a few drops of the essential oil to your facial moisturizer
- And use it to reduce wrinkles and fine lines
Please consult a health care provider before using dittany of crete.
For more information about natural remedies for skin care, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/skin-care/Read Related Articles
- How to Make Raspberry Leaf Tea for Menstrual Cramps & Pregnancy - Remedies for Women
- Home Remedies: Safflower Oil for Heart Disease, Menstrual Cramps, Joint Pain & Injuries
- Home Remedies Nutmeg for Digestive Disorders, Cough & Skin Care
- How to Eat Irish Moss for Skin Care & Weight Loss - Seaweed Recipes
|More Articles About:||Digestive Menstrual Wounds Skin|