Eye Care Remedies: Dusty Miller for Cataracts and Conjunctivitis
Dusty Miller is used for eye care, treating cataracts and conjunctivitis.
Dusty Miller (Senecio cineraria) is a perennial plant native to southern Europe. It has silver-gray foliage. The fresh plant, the leaves are used as the herbal medicine. The fresh juice of the dusty miller is said to have healing effects for cataracts and conjunctivitis.
Cataracts are a clouding of the eye lens that causes blur vision. Cataracts are the number one cause of blindness in the world. Dusty miller is said to be effective to dissolve cataracts and corneal opacities if used in the early stages of the disease.
Conjunctivitis is inflammation or infection of the membrane lining the eyelids (conjunctiva). It also called pink eye or madras eye. Dusty miller juice is used to relieve the symptoms.
How to use dusty miller
Traditionally, the leaf juice of dusty miller is used externally for eye care. The leaf juices are made by mashing the leaves, and squeezing the pulp through a clean cloth.
- Extract juice from fresh leaves
- Apply a few drops into the eye
- Several times a day
- The juice may cause a mildly irritating effect, which quickly disappeared.
- Large doses should be avoided.
- Dusty miller should not be used internally because it contains pyrrolizidine alkaloids which are highly toxic to the liver.
- This herbal remedy should only be used under the supervision of a trained practitioner.
For more information about natural remedies for eye care, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/eye/Read Related Articles
- Goji Berries (Wolfberry) Improve Eye Sight and Nourish Liver
- Cornflower (Cyani flowers) for Eye Care, Cuts, Scrapes and Acne - European Remedies
- Eye Care Remedies: Bilberry for Eyesight, Night Vision and Diabetes - European Remedies
- Sutherlandia for Eye Care, Hemorrhoids, Rheumatism, Cuts, Wounds and Burns - African Remedies
|More Articles About:||Eye Cataracts Conjunctivitis|