How to Make Elder Lotion and Ointment for Skin Care, Freckles, Blemishes, Wounds, Sprains, Bruises, Scalds, Burns and Chilblains – European Remedies
Elder (Elderberry) has emollient and anti-inflammatory properties. Elder flowers and leaves have been used in Europe for centuries for skin care and wound care, treating freckles, blemishes, wounds, sprains, bruises, scalds, burns and chilblains.
How to Make Elder Lotion
Elder flower water (Aqua Sambuci) is an old remedy in Europe used by women as a skin lotion. It has mild astringent and stimulative properties. Elder flower water is used to reduce freckles, blemishes, boils, skin inflammation and eczema, whiten and soften the skin, soothe irritable and itchy skin.
- Fresh Elder flowers 300 grams (or dried flower 100 grams)
- Water 2 cups
- Alcohol 1 table spoon
- Put the flowers and water in a pot
- Bring to a boil, turn off the heat
- Cover the pot and allow it slowly to cool on the stove
- After 10 minutes, add alcohol to pot and cover it again
- After a few hours, strain
- Store the liquid into the bottles
The lotion can be applied to the skin for clearing the complexion of freckles, blemishes and boils, and soothing skin. It can also be added to the water for bathing, or washing the face and hands to keep the skin young, fair and white. The elder flower lotion can be used as a mouthwash for treating sore throats, toothaches, tonsillitis, and mouth ulcers.
How to Make Elder Ointment
Elder ointment (Unguentum Sambuci) is made from elder flowers or leaves. Elder Ointment was used for treating wounded horses in the war. It is also effective for human use. As a household remedy, elder ointment is used for treating wounds, sprains, bruises, scalds, burns and chilblains.
- Fresh Elder flowers 300 grams
- Lard 300 grams
- Put the flowers and lard in a pan
- Heat them until the flowers become brown and crisp
- Strain and let to cool
- Store the ointment in a jar
- To treat wounds, apply it to the affected area
For more information about natural remedies for skin care, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/skin-care/Read Related Articles
- Home Remedies Nutmeg for Digestive Disorders, Cough & Skin Care
- How to Eat Irish Moss for Skin Care & Weight Loss - Seaweed Recipes
- Gotu Kola for Urinary Tract Infection, Jaundice, Bleeding, Wounds, Bruises & Skin Boils - Herbal Formulas
- Germander for Weight Loss, Digestion, Gout and Wounds
|More Articles About:||Skin Blemishes Wounds Bruises Burns Elder|