Healthy Diet for Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Enlargement (BPH)
Is there a prostate friendly diet? Yes. There are many prostate friendly foods out there that can help improve symptoms of prostate problems.
As a man ages, his prostate starts giving him trouble and affecting his health. A very common problem is prostatic enlargement. About 50% of men over the age of 50 will experience prostatic enlargement. The condition of prostatic enlargement with benign, or non-cancerous, tissue is called “Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy” or “BPH”. Prostate cancer is very similar to BPH and many men are quite unaware they have cancer of the prostate. But prostate cancer is rare in men younger than 50 but quite common among men over 70s.
There might be no sure way to prevent prostate cancer, nor an easy way to cure BPH, but you can make diet and lifestyle choices that might aid in prostate health. There are three nutrients that scientists believe that they may benefit to your prostate health: Lycopene, Quercetin and Zinc.
1. Foods contain Lycopene. Lycopene is well known for its ability to help battle cancers. It has also been found to be effective for keeping prostate health in men. The following food are excellent sources of lycopene:
2. Foods contain Quercetin. Quercetin is a flavanoid. It is known as a main component in the combination for treating cancers, including prostate cancer. Quercetin has anti-inflammatory properties that may help bring relief from an inflamed prostate gland. The following foods are rich in quercetin:
Leafy green vegetables;
3. Foods contain Zinc. Zinc helps repair and build the immune system. Scientific studies have shown that an enlarged prostate (Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy), or BPH, is at times linked to below-normal levels of zinc. Thus eating foods that contain zinc may benefit to the prostate enlargement. German doctors used pumpkin seeds to treat difficult urination that accompanies an enlarged prostate that is not cancerous. Pumpkin seeds contain diuretic properties and plenty of zinc. The following foods are great sources of zinc:
Sesame Flour and Tahini(Sesame Butter);
Low fat roast beef;
Pumpkin and Squash Seeds;
Cocoa Powder and Chocolate;
- Nettle for Arthritic Joint Pain, Hair Loss & Prostate Enlargement - DIY Recipes
- Noni May Help Treat Diabetes, Cancer & Cardiovascular Disease
- Herbal Remedies: Hydrangea for Prostate, Kidney & Bladder Problems
- Grape Seed Extract for Heart Disease, Atherosclerosis, High Blood Pressure & Cancer
|More Articles About:||Prostate Cancer Prostatic Bph|