Epsom Salt Foot Bath Therapy for Insomnia & Athlete’s Foot
Epsom salt (Magnesium sulfate) can be used to prepare foot baths for treating insomnia, athlete’s foot, sore feet, foot odor and foot ache. If you are looking for a DIY of foot care SPA at home, Epsom Salt Foot Bath Therapy is a good one.
What Is Epsom Salt
Epsom salt (Magnesium sulfate, or magnesium sulphate) is commonly used as a component of bath salts. It is an inorganic salt (chemical compound) containing magnesium, sulfur and oxygen, with the formula MgSO4. The salt is well known by name Epsom salt. The name comes from a bitter saline spring in Epsom in Surrey of England.
Epsom salt has drying properties. Anhydrous Magnesium sulfate is used as a drying agent. It has a variety of uses. It has been used as a component of bath salts. It can also be used as a beauty product. Magnesium sulfate is a common pharmaceutical preparation of magnesium, used both externally and internally. Epsom salts are used for application in treating aches and pains. It is said that bathing in a 1% solution of Epsom salts is a safe and easy way to increase sulfate and magnesium levels in the body.
Traditionally, Epsom salt is used for foot baths, intended to soothe sore feet. Athletes use it to soothe sore muscles. It is believed that the increase in ionic strength prevents some of the temporary skin wrinkling (partial maceration) which is caused by prolonged immersion of extremities in pure water. Epsom salt can also be absorbed into the skin, reducing inflammation.
How to Use Epsom Salt for Foot Bath Therapy
It is easy to do Epsom salt foot bath at home:
– Prepare a large basin, bowl or bucket.
– Add warm water to it.
– Add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt to the water.
– Soak your feet into the water for 20-40 minutes.
– Sit back and relax with soft soothing music.
– Do it every night before going to bed.
Epsom salt can be found in drug stores, health supplement stores, grocery stores, and online.
Please note, do not take an Epsom salt foot bath if you have high blood pressure or a heart or kidney problem.Read Related Articles
- Sleep Remedies: How to Make Kava Tea for Anxiety & Insomnia
- Herbal Remedies: Hop for Insomnia, Anxiety & Nervousness
- Valerian (Garden Heliotrope) for Insomnia, Stress, Anxiety & Hysteria - European Remedies
- European Elder (Elderberry) for Flu, Cold, Fever, Cough, Sore Throat, Chest Congestion and Sinus Infections
|More Articles About:||Foot Insomnia Sore Ache Salt|