Asafoetida (Hing) for Indigestion, Flatulence and Abdominal Pain – Indian Ayurvedic Medicine
Asafoetida (Hing) is used in Ayurveda for treating indigestion, flatulence and abdominal pain.
Asafoetida is a dried, resinous gum collected from the root of Ferula. It is native to India. Asafoetida has a unique and pungent flavour. It is ground to a fine powder and used as an Indian spice. Hing is popular in Indian vegetarian cooking.
Asafoetida has antiflatulent properties. It is known to relieve intestinal and stomach upsets. It can be used as a digestive aid to help digestion and reduce flatulence. Asafetida is much used in Ayurvedic remedies.
To treat abdominal pain due to indigestion and flatulence (gas):
1. Add a pinch of asafoetida (hing) powder and a pinch of salt into buttermilk (or water), and drink it.
2. Mix some of asafoetida (hing) powder with little water to make a paste. Lie down and place the paste on the belly button (umbilicus). Leave for 15-20 minutes.
Asafoetida helps release gas and relieve abdominal pain.
Hing as a spice can be found in an Indian grocery store.
Please note, though generally speaking, asafoetida is a safe spice and remedy, but pregnant women should avoid the use of asafoetida. Asafoetida has been reported to have contraceptive / abortifacient activity. It might have possible side effects that disturb the pregnancy and induce miscarriage.
For more information about Ayurvedic medicine, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/ayurvedic-medicine/Read Related Articles
- Herbal Recipe - Cumin Treats Testicular Pain, Hernia & Dysmenorrhea
- Nettle for Arthritic Joint Pain, Hair Loss & Prostate Enlargement - DIY Recipes
- How to Use Juniper Oil for Joint Pain, Acne & Lung Congestion
- Gentian Root for Indigestion, Heartburn, Flatulent Colic & Gas - European Herbal Medicine
|More Articles About:||Indigestion Flatulence Pain Hing|