Herbal Remedies: Costmary for Indigestion, Dysentery, Skin Ulcers, Gout, Sciatica and Joint Pain
Costmary is said to help treat indigestion, dysentery, skin ulcers, gout, sciatica and joint pain.
Costmary (Tanacetum balsamita, Chrysanthemum balsamita, Bible leaf) is a hardy perennial herb.
With the mint-like flavor, costmary is used in cooking. The fresh, young leaves can be added to tea, salads, soups, dishes and cream sauces.
Costmary has been known for centuries and was widely used in medieval times. Costmary is bitter, aromatic, astringent, laxative, diaphoretic, and carminative. It is said to affect stomach and liver. Costmary has been used internally in the treatment of indigestion, dysentery and liver disorders. Externally, costmary has been used for treating skin ulcers, dry and itchy skin, and joint pain
How to use costmary
1. Costmary tea:
- 1 teaspoon of dried leaves
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Steep for 2 minute
- This tea is said to help indigestion, dysentery and liver disorders
- Add it to beverages, soups, salads, meat and vegetable dishes
3. Costmary oil:
- A handful of fresh costmary leaves (or 2 table spoons of dried leaves)
- Olive oil 500ml
- Put the leaves in a jar, cover with olive oil
- Leave it for a week
- Another method to make the herbal oil is to boil the leaves in olive oil
- Store it in a bottle
- Apply a few drops of the oil to the affected area
- This oil is said to treat skin old ulcers, insect bites, gout, sciatica, and joint pain
Researchers have found that leaves of costmary contain a range of essential oils. According to a Spanish study, costmary oil includes carvone as the main component (about 50%), together with minor amounts of beta-thujone, t-dihydrocarvone, c-dihydrocarvone, dihydrocarveol isomer c-carveol and t-carveol. It contains about 10% beta-thujone, a toxic ketone.
Please note, before using costmary for treatment, you should consult a doctor, especially when using it internally.
For more information about natural remedies for skin ulcers, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/skin-ulcers/Read Related Articles
- Nettle for Arthritic Joint Pain, Hair Loss & Prostate Enlargement - Natural Remedy DIY Recipes
- Home Remedies: Safflower Oil for Heart Disease, Menstrual Cramps, Joint Pain & Injuries
- Home Remedies Nutmeg for Digestive Disorders, Cough & Skin Care
- How to Use Juniper Oil for Joint Pain, Arthritis, Acne, Eczema, Coughs & Lung Congestion
|More Articles About:||Indigestion Dysentery Skin Ulcers Gout Sciatica Joint Pain Costmary|