Home Remedies for Cold with Runny Nose: Mustard, Ginger & Spicy Food
The common cold usually involves a runny nose. When you have a cold, your runny nose is teeming with cold viruses. Sneezing, nose-blowing, and nose-wiping spread the virus. You may also have cough, headache, or other symptoms. Typically, an irritated nose or scratchy throat is the first sign, followed within hours by sneezing and a watery nasal discharge. Within 1 to 3 days, the nasal secretions usually become thicker and perhaps yellow or green. This is a normal part of the common cold. If it is indeed a cold, the main symptoms will be in the nose.
Effective treatment of Cold with Runny Nose calls for the use of a number of traditional medicines as well as home remedies. The benefit of using the natural remedies for Cold with Runny Nose is that the natural treatment is relatively inexpensive and do not have side effects.
Medical experts have recommended against using cold drugs in children under age 6. Talk to your doctor before your child takes any type of cold medicine, even if it is labeled for children. These medicines may have serious side effects.
Home Remedies for Cold with Runny Nose
• Putting plain heated mustard oil in the nostrils through a dropper is another popular natural cure for Runny Nose. Use this oil on one nostril at a time as it has a strong smell.
• Ginger tea is regarded as excellent and safest home remedy for Cold with Runny Nose. A tea made with sliced ginger cooked in water with brown sugar is one of Chinese home remedies for the common cold with runny nose. You can also add green onions to the ginger tea.
• Having spicy foods and soups, for example chicken soup, also serves as one of the simplest natural home remedies for Cold with Runny Nose. Scientists discovered that chicken soup has effects that helps relieve cold symptoms in two ways: First, it acts as an anti-inflammatory by inhibiting the movement of neutrophils. Second, it temporarily speeds up the movement of mucus, helping relieve runny nose.
- How to Use Horseradish for Bronchitis, Sinus Congestion, Asthma, Cold & Flu - Home Remedy Recipes
- European Elder (Elderberry) for Flu, Cold, Fever, Cough, Sore Throat, Chest Congestion and Sinus Infections
- Chives for Appetite, Stomach Upset, Flatulence, Stuffy Nose and Cold - Home & Kitchen Remedies
- Catnip for Insomnia, Headache, Cold, Wet Cough, Bronchitis, Fever, Colic and Digestion
|More Articles About:||Cold Mustard Ginger|