Eye Infections are caused by bacterial, viral, or other microbiological agents. Symptoms of eye infections may include redness, itching, swelling, discharge, pain, or minor to major problems with vision.
The following is a list of some eye infections:
Pink eye (Pinkeye, Conjunctivitis);
How to treat an eye infection with herbal remedies? The following is a herbal tea that is effective for eye infections:
1. Use three dried herbs: Dandelion 30g, Daisy (or chamomile) flower 30g, Plantain 12g. If using fresh herbs, fresh herbs can be substituted for dried herbs at a ratio of 3 to 1.
2. Boil the herbs in 4 cups of water for 10 minutes, then strain it off.
3. Add 4 cups water to the strained herbs, boil it for 20 minutes, then strain if off.
4. Mix the first decoction with the second decoction. Keep the herbal water extracts in a container.
5. Drink it a cup, three times a day.
Why this herbal remedy can treat eye infections? Dandelion is one of the strongest natural antibiotic herbs. Dandelion can cool down the body, reduce inflammation. Plantain is known as a strong diuretic and also an effective antibiotic, which can reduce swelling caused by inflammation. According to the traditional medicine theory, when treating a disease, you need to use some agent to “guide” the medicine to the right spot – the affected area. Daisy (or chamomile) flower is known to work on eyes, and also have cooling properties, so it becomes the agent that guides the antibiotic to work on the infected eyes.