There are many lactation remedies that can help nursing mothers provide the milk for their babies. Pig’s feet soup is a traditional home remedy well known in East Asia. It has effect to increase breast milk. The soup is also beneficial for skin care.
In developed countries, there are a lot of women have no enough breast milk for their babies. Scientists still do not know what causes this. It is believed that, modern lifestyle and processed foods and beverages, which contain a lot of chemicals, are the factors that affect women’s breast milk generation.
While we cannot live without these “chemical-rich” processed foods and beverages in today’s world, we can try to take less of them, and try to take more natural foods. Pig’s feet soup is one of traditional foods that have been beneficial to nursing women for centuries in many Asian countries.
How to Make Pig’s Feet Soup
1. Pig’s feet 2-3 pounds. Pig’s feet can be found in a local Asian market. You can ask to cut them into 1-inch pieces.
2. Put the pig’s feet into a large pot, cover with water and bring to a rolling boil for 1-2 minutes, drain and rinse in cold water to remove any foam and scum.
3. Return pig’s feet to pot and cover with water (about 2 inches above the feet). Boil for 10 minutes at high heat.
4. Add 3 slices of ginger, 6 cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup soy sauce or miso, 1-2 teaspoon salt (according to taste), 2 tablespoons of wine, 6 dried mushrooms (optional).
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 hours to draw out their naturally occurring gelatin and calcium, creating a thick, rich soup.
Now the delicious soup is ready. Eat a bowl once a day.
Pig’s Feet Soup is Also a Beauty Food for Skin Care
Pig’s feet soup is not only beneficial to nursing women for increasing breast milk, it is also effective in improving your skin. Because pig’s feet and pig skin are rich in protein, fat, carbohydrate, calcium, phosphorus, iron, and vitamins (A, B, C) . Pig’s feet contain a lot of collagen protein, which is the best beauty products, effectively delaying skin aging. During the cooking process, collagen protein of pig’s feet can be converted into gelatin, which combines with a lot of water can effectively improve the body’s physiological function and water-storage functions of the skin tissues and cells, prevent premature skin fold, and postpone skin aging.
Please note, if you have infections, sores, ulcers or tumors, do not eat pig’s feet soup. Because the soup has stimulating and growth promoting properties. It can promote breast milk generation, but it might also promote the growth of sores and tumors if you have these diseases.