Homemade Cough Syrup Recipe – Lemon Juice, Glycerin and Honey for Coughs
You can make a homemade cough syrup using lemon juice, glycerin and honey. Lemon has cooling and smoothing properties. Glycerin and honey have excellent moisturizing properties. The combination is an effective remedy to relieve a common dry cough.
– Lemon 1
– Glycerine 2 tablespoons
– Honey 2 tablespoons
– Water 1/2 cup
– Boil and simmer lemon for 10 minutes
– Cut the lemon in two parts and extract the juice
– Put lemon juice, glycerine, honey and water in a glass, stir and mix well
– Heat the mixture 1 minute to lukewarm in microwave
– Drink it slowly, 2-3 times a day
You can make a syrup for the use of 3 days by increasing the amount of each ingredient listed in the above recipe, and store the syrup in the refrigerator.
Glycerin (glycerol, glycerine) is a simple polyol compound, widely used in pharmaceutical formulations and food industry. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid. You can find it in a pharmacy.
For more information about natural cures for cough, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/cough/Access denied for user 'kevin'@'localhost' (using password: NO)