Udumbara (Ficus Racemosa) for Diarrhea, Dysentery, Colitis and Piles – Indian Ayurvedic Remedies
Udumbara (Ficus Racemosa) is an Ayurvedic herb that has been used in India for treating diarrhea, dysentery, colitis and piles for thousands of years.
Udumbara is a tree that grows in hills all over India. The plant is medium tall, growing 10-16 meters in height. As an important ingredient in many Ayurvedic and traditional formulations, udumbara is one of the herbs mentioned in all ancient texts of Ayurveda.
According to Ayurveda, udumbara is astringent, sweet and pungent. It has heavy and drying properties. And it decreases kapha and pitta doshas. Ayurveda uses it to treat diarrhea and bowel disorders caused by the imbalance of kapha and pitta.
Modern studies have confirmed that the roots, bark-skin, fruits, lates and leaves of udumbara have great medicinal value. The barks, leaves, fruits and latex are carminative, astringent, anti inflammatory, antioxidant and anticancer agent. And udumbara is considered to be very effective in various treatments, such as ulcers, dysentry, diarrhea, stomachache and piles.
To treat diarrhea, dysentery, colitis and piles, udumbara is combined with other herbs. Or can be used alone:
- Udumbara bark powder 3-5g
- Boil in water for 1 minute
- Drink it, twice day
Please consult your doctor or an Ayurvedic doctor before taking this herb.
For more information about natural remedies for diarrhea, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/diarrhea/Read Related Articles
- Herbal Remedies: Costmary for Indigestion, Dysentery, Skin Ulcers, Gout, Sciatica and Joint Pain
- Bitter orange for Nausea, Indigestion, Heartburn, Poor Appetite, Dysentery, Constipation and Weight Loss
- Kola Nut (Cola Nut) for Fatigue, Depression, Migraine Headache, Dysentery, Diarrhea, Weight Loss and Sex Drive - African Remedies
- Herbal Remedies: Bay Leaves (Laurus nobilis) for Stomach Ulcers, Diarrhea, Flatulence and Colic Pain
|More Articles About:||Diarrhea Dysentery Colitis|