Looking for home remedies for Migraine Headache? Radish (Daikon) can be used for the treatment.
Migraine is a common and painful headache. It is a chronic neurological disorder characterized by unilateral pains (affecting one half of the head). A migraine headache can cause intense throbbing or a pulsing sensation in one area of the head. Migraine may occur with symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, or sensitivity to light. Migraine headache can cause significant pain for hours to days. Prevention and treatment of migraines includes: herbal remedies, medications, nutritional supplements, lifestyle alterations, surgery, acupuncture and massage.
Recipe of Radish (Daikon) for Migraine Headache
Radish (Daikon) can be used as a home remedy to treat migraine headache. Here is how to apply it:
– Cut fresh radish into small pieces;
– Use a juicer to get the juice from the radish;
– Let the patient lay down;
– Apply a few drops of radish juice into the nostril;
– Right nostril for left side head ache and the left nostril for right side headache;
– Press on the other side of the nose with one finger to close off the other nostril;
– And take deep breaths to let the air carry the smell of radish through the nostril into your lung.
This remedy is said to relieve migraine headache immediately. Fresh radish has a strong pungent smell. When taking deep breaths, the pungent odor goes into the body, stimulates the mind and the neurological system, and relieves migraine headache.
If you do not have a juicer to extract the radish juice, you can mince the radish very finely, then put the minced radish into a sieve, and push with a spatula, the juice will be leaked out. Or you can put the minced radish on the cutting board, and lay the knife flat on the radish, and press the knife firmly, the juice will be pressed out. Then you can use a cotton ball to soak the juice up, and apply the cotton ball into the nostril.