Ginger is a wonderful remedy for relieving indigestion, vomiting, nausea, abdominal fullness, stomach flu, cold, morning sick and motion sickness. When you have one of these disorders, consume a piece of fresh ginger or drink a cup of warm ginger tea, you will get rid of the symptoms.
Sometimes, when you need fresh ginger to relieve your stomach disorders after dinner, you may find that, you have no ginger in your kitchen.
Well, you can store fresh ginger in the refrigerator for a few weeks. Fresh ginger root should last up to 2-4 weeks when refrigerated. Though fresh ginger is no as perishable as strawberries, but if you do not often use ginger for cooking. you may find that, the ginger rotted.
There is an easy way to keep ginger “fresh” for up to 1-2 years by pickling ginger in vinegar. Here is a recipe of how to may pickled ginger:
– Fresh ginger 1/2 lb
– Vinegar (rich vinegar, apple cider vinegar or othe white vinegar) 1-2 cups
– Sugar 1/4 cup (or salt 1 tablespoon, adjust the amount according to your taste)
– Peel and cut ginger into 1/8 inch thick slices
– Put ginger, salt and sugar in a clean jar, add enough vinegar to cover the ginger
– Tighten the cap of the jar, and store it the refrigerator
– After 1 week, the sweet or salty pickled ginger is ready
When you have a disorder, such as indigestion, vomiting, nausea, abdominal fullness, stomach flu, cold, morning sick or motion sickness, you can eat a piece of the pickled ginger, it tastes better than a raw ginger. Or you can take a few slices to make a tea to relieve the symptoms.
For more information about how to make home remedies, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/how-to/