Egg yolk oil is a Chinese folk remedy. It is used to treat burns, eczema, dermatitis, mouth ulcer, skin ulcers, chapped nipples, tinea capitis, ringworm, nasal vestibulitis, frostbite and hemorrhoids.
This remedy has been used in China for centuries and is mentioned in the pharmaceutical text Compendium of Materia Medica (by Li Shizhen, 1518-1593). According to traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), egg yolk oil has effects to clear heat, reduce infections, relieve pain, moisturize skin, and help form tissues.
How to make egg yolk oil at home
– Boil 10 eggs in water for 10-20 minutes
– Let it cool, then remove egg shells
– Separate egg yolk from egg white
– Heat a pan on medium heat and add egg yolks in the pan
– When yolks are golden brown, break them into small pieces
– Turn up the heat to high, stirring constantly, until yolks turn very dark and oil releases
– Turn down the heat to low, press yolks and let the oil flow out. You may Use a clean cloth to wrap the yolks and squeeze out the oil
– Store the oil in a jar
How to use egg yolk oil
To treat burns, eczema, mouth ulcer, skin ulcers or other skin infections, you can rub some yolk oil on the affected area, 1-3 times a day.
Please note, egg yolk oil is effective for treating minor burns. For a serious burn, you should seek emergency medical care.
For more information about natural remedies for burns, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/burns/