Food Remedies: How to Eat Eggplant for High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar and High Cholesterol
It is said that eggplant may have effects in preventing and treating high blood pressure, high blood sugar and high cholesterol.
Eggplant is rich in phenols which may inhibit an enzyme tied to high blood pressure. Thus eggplant may do your body some favors in lower high blood pressure.
Eggplant may be also beneficial to lower blood sugar. Phenols in eggplant help regulate blood sugar, and may reduce your risk of diabetes.
The peel of eggplant contains anthocyanidins, compounds like those in blackberries or purple grapes, and its flesh is rich in soluble fiber, which may help lower cholesterol. Researchers found that eating eggplant could lower LDL cholesterol by as much as 30 percent.
How to eat eggplant? Here is a recipe:
– Eggplant 1 or 2 (keep peel, cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
– Ground beef (or ground pork) 1/4 to 1/2 lb
– Garlic 4 cloves (finely minced)
– Fresh ginger 3 slices (finely minced)
– Salt 1/2 teaspoon (according to your taste)
– Soy sauce 1 tablespoon (optional)
– Chili pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
– Water 1 cup
– Place a pan over stove. Add ground beef, garlic, ginger, chili pepper and water.
– Bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
– Add eggplant, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until eggplant is softened.
– Add salt and soy sauce, stirring gently and simmer for 1 minute.
– Turn off heat, the dish is ready to serve.
Please note, you will need to experiment to determine if eggplant really does your favors in health. Be sure to check your blood pressure, blood sugar or blood cholesterol level after eating eggplant for a couple of times. Some people may be allergic to eggplant.
For more information about home, kitchen and food remedies, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/home-remdies/Read Related Articles
- Hiccup Remedies: How to Stop Hiccups (Hiccoughs) with Water, Sugar and Honey
- Home Remedies for Heavy Menstrual Bleeding and Uterine (Vaginal) Bleeding - Dark Plum Fruit and Brown Sugar
- Frostbite Remedies: Pine Nut, Cactus, Eggplant, Orange Peel, Honey and Lard - Homemade Winter Remedies
- How to Eat Eggplant - Food Therapy for Constipation, Bowel Bleeding, Hemorrhoids, Boils, Carbuncle and Skin Sores
|More Articles About:||Eggplant Sugar|