In Ayurveda, Dashmool is a formula to treat vata diseases, such as nervous exhaustion, stress, anxiety, memory loss, tremors, Parkinson’s disease, hypertension and hepatitis. In modern medical science, these diseases are described as neuroendocrine, hormonal, nervous or immune disorders.
Vata Is Wind Dosha
Vata is “wind” dosha. Wind by nature is light, irregular, rough, moving, quick, restless and changeable. When vata is excessive in the body, it causes the “windy” symptoms: restless, sleepless, anxiety, tremors, Parkinson’s disease, etc. The excessive “wind” invades into brain, causing various types of mental and nervous disorders. To treat these disorders, Ayurveda uses remedies to reduce the vata. Dashmool is one of the remedies that can be used to balance vata.
Dashmool contains the ten roots of herbs:
– Shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum)
– Prushniparni (Uraria picta)
– Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)
– Bruhati (Solanum indicum)
– Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)
– Bilva (Aegle marmelos)
– Agnimantha (Premna integrifolia)
– Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum)
– Kashmari (Gmelina arborea)
– Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens)
How to Use Dashmool
Dashmool has calming properties. It calms mind and nerves, relieves tension, treats various types of vata disorders.
To treat a vata disorder:
– Put 1 teaspoon (5 gram) powder and a cup of water in a pot
– Bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes
– Drink it, twice a day
1. Dashmool may have effects to treat vata diseases, but if your problem is caused by other doshas, this remedy might not be good for you.
2. Doshmool may have mild to moderate effects to treat a vata disease, and it may take time to see the improvement of the treatment.
3. Please consult your doctor before taking this remedy, especially when treating an acute disease, or if you have other health problems.
For more information about natural remedies for anxiety, go to Natural Remedies Center: http://www.naturalremediescenter.com/treat/anxiety/